Withered Cat, (also known as Candy the Cat and CAT), is a new animatronic and one of two main antagonists of Five Nights at Candy's 2, the other being The Rat. He is the first incarnation of Candy the Cat. He, along with Withered Rat, appears in Night 6 and Night 8 only.
He is almost ironically similar to Withered Rat. They both have the same dominant color and have fallen into disrepair. However, The Cat has a cat shaped head unlike RAT, as he has a rat shaped head, to differentiate their species, respectively. The Cat also has hollowed eyes, with the right eye bearing stitches. Like The Rat, he has a stitch running across his head and the same joints, yet, he doesn't have a metallic skin or layer showing.
However, unlike his monster counterpart, he has no fanged teeth. He has exposed endoskeleton fingers, along with his left hand and lower left leg, with parts of his upper left leg exposed. His body is damaged, as is his head. He also seems to be less damaged than The Rat.
There is very little known about The Cat in comparison to the other animatronics, because The Cat is only active on Night 6 and Night 8 (the label of 7/20 in Nightmare Mode) and has relatively few appearances in the plot.
The Cat starts in a unknown location behind the Withered Rat, but the Room he starts doesn't have a camera to look inside and does not appear on the floor plan, thus it is unknown what the Room is used for.
The Cat will try and use the vents to travel to the player much like Chester on previous nights, and if the player does not check repeatedly for him, The Cat will jumpscare the player. However, The Cat can also be seen in the Central Hall and standing still on cameras like other 'wandering' animatronics.
He and The Rat appear to have both been in use at the same time and at the same location.
- The Cat and The Rat are the only animatronics in the second game that can appear on the same camera at the same time.
- By clicking on the fourth star on the starting menu (after finishing 7/20 Nightmare) you are sent to a Minigame showing the Grand Reopening of Rat and Cat's Theater with an unwithered The Cat and The Rat performing. This most likely is the very first establishment, and existed sometime before 1965 (when Old Candy and Blank were most likely first created, judging by their minigame) but after 1962 (when Rowboatics Corp. Factory first opened).
- The Cat and The Rat are the opposite of a Tom and Jerry team, where cat and mouse are allied against a third party instead of opposing each other. (However, Tom and Jerry have been shown to ally when another character tries to interrupt their dynamic.)
- The Cat and The Rat are the only animatronics that are actually confirmed to kill the player, as the death screen after being jumpscared by them shows a news clipping of how Marylin Schmidt was found brutally murdered, where as when the other animatronics jumpscare the player the news clipping only mentions her mysterious disappearance.
- When viewing The Cat and The Rat in the Extra Menu, the music turns into an ominous trombone tune. This is actually the normal music in the extra menu slowed down.
- Some people thought that The Cat and The Rat were springlock animatronics, but this has been deconfirmed by Emil Macko on Twitter.
- Despite being just as old, The Cat is less damaged than The Rat is.
- Since, Five Nights at Candy's 2 takes place in 2007 and Five Nights at Candy's 3 takes place in 1962. The Cat and The Rat are both 45 year-old.
The Cat appears to be the same as he was in the second game's secret cutscene.
The Cat appears at the back of the building, near the "Backstage" area, and asks the player to play hide-and-seek before the show. When the player hides in three places (In the Closet, under the table), a jumpscare of The Cat plays, and the cutscene ends.
The Cat once again appears at the back of the building, near the "Backstage" area, and doesn't recognizes the player from the Second night minigame, and asks if they want to play hide-and-seek again. When the player is caught, the same Cat jumpscare follows, and the cutscene ends.
In the Night 5's Cutscene, after The Puppeteer pulled Rat into Vinnie's bench by accident, and he dies instantly. Candy (Cat) will appear in room and ask The Puppeteer what happened to Rat, in which The Puppeteer says it was a accident and that Rat was unstable.
Candy says that they need to call the ambulance and the police, whom of which The Puppeteer says not to, and instead lie to the police and say they found Rat this way. Candy says to tell the police the truth, and goes to the phone to do so, but The Puppeteer sneaks behind him and clenches the gap of the suit, suffocating Cat, and kills him. The Puppeteer then calls the police and tells them that he found his co-workers dead while he was out, and leaves the room with Mary still in the closet.
As the screen changed to a black screen, Origami Cat or a psychiatrist, will tell Mary that it is not her fault and that she shouldn't be afraid of the Monsters anymore, and asked her to draw a picture of the room for him.
As the Truth Ending fades in, a doctor's report of Mary's case is displayed, stating how they should notify the police of the newfound information, and should reopen the case once more.
- In Five Nights at Candy's 3, We learn that The Rat and The Cat are special design suit, just like Fredbear, Spring Bonnie, and The Funtime Animatronics.